19 June 2010

18 Meter part II


We lost first day of contest due to weather, in addition plenty of water on the fields.

Second contest day gave us chance to fly two hour Area Task .
Weather improved substantially during task, but large holes slowed some pilots.
I finished 3rd with 15 points loss to the winner.
Second valid task was assigned 315km triangle , but due to high cloud coming from East and West task was changed in the air to 3hours Modified assigned task with one turn point.
Cloud base was low and clouds didn't work very well . After compulsory first turn point I went to wrong point and I had to change decisions where to go several times due to changing weather conditions .It cost me a lot I finished on the bottom of score sheet. Personally I don't like this kind of task with one turn point, luck plays big part on the results of such task . Good that we don't have such tasks during World Championships.

No comments:

Post a Comment